Thursday, January 27, 2011

A Birthday in Wine Country


     I've been married for 15 years and the oldest of our two kids will be turning 10 soon. My husband and I have never been away a night alone since the kids came a long. We have had opportunities to go, but just have not. After pondering "why not?" I figured out that I'm just content with being with my family. No other excuses. Definition of Content : satisfied <was content with her life as it was> :)
     January 24th I turned 40! UHG! First we thought big bday bash for my husband and I as be both hit the big 40 within a couple of months of eachother. Then we thought  about something else....Guess what? We went to Healdsburg, Ca without kids! I know. I know. I know. It's about time. We had a wonderful time visiting wineries, eating delicious food and spending time with friends. I really wished I had taken more photos, but I was having to much fun. Check out my pics..

Williamson Winery

Hanna

View of Alexander Valley


check out those handle bars!


Zin Restaurant

Zin Restaurant was delicious!  Here are some of what we dined on ... Apple wood smoked pork chop with cornbread stuffing and apple compote, grilled hanger steak with wild mushrooms & homemade donuts with salted caramel sauce. It was wonderful!

40 is not so bad! There will definitely be a next time!
 



1 comment:

  1. We almost moved to Healdburg last year, but opted for Vancouver WA instead! Now on to ABQ. Yes, that restaurant Zin is very good, and Healdsburg is just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete